Sunday, February 27, 2011

Texting Short Forms

 

Texting is not one of my strong suits.  A matter of fact, I rarely text, and on occasion I even receive a text where I’m not totally sure what it’s saying due to the fact that it’s in a short form.  So, for anyone else who may find this helpful, I’ve included a list of texting short forms and their meanings – Enjoy!

 

A
A3 Anytime, anywhere, any place
AAK Asleep at keyboard
AAP Always a pleasure
ADN Any day now
AFAIK As far as I know
AFK Away from keyboard
AKA Also known as
AMOF As a matter of fact
ATB All the best
ATM At the moment
AWC After a while crocodile
AYDY Are you done yet?
AYS Are you serious?
AYT Are you there?
AYTMTB And you're telling me this because

B
B Back
B2W Back to work
B/F Boyfriend
B4 Before
B4N Bye for now
BAG Busting a gut
BAK Back at keyboard
BAU Business as usual
BBIAB Be back in a bit
BBIAM Be back in a minute
BBL Be back later
BBN Bye, bye now
BC Because
BF Best friend
BFFL Best friends for life
BG Big grin
BGWM Be gentle with me
BHL8 Be home late
BIB Boss is back
BIF Before I forget
BION Believe it or not
BOL Best of luck
BOSMKL Bending over smacking my knee laughing
BRB Be right back
BRD Bored
BTA But then again
BTDT Been there, done that
BTW By the way
BYTM Better you than me
C
CB Coffee break
CMB Call me back
CMIIW Correct me if I'm wrong
C/P Cross post
CRBT Crying really big tears
CSG Chuckle, snicker, grin
CSL Can't stop laughing
CU See you
CULA See you later alligator
CUL8R See you later
CUMID See you in my dreams
CURLO See you round like a donut
CWOT Complete waste of time
CYE Check your e-mail
CYO See you online
D
DIIK Darned if I know
DIKU Do I know you?
DKDC Don't know, don't care
DL Download
DLTBBB Don't let the bed bugs bite
DM Doesn't matter
DNC I do not understand (does not compute)
d00d Dude
DQMOT Don't quote me on this
DTS Don't think so
DUR Do you remember?
DV8 Deviate
E
E Ecstasy
E1 Everyone
E123 Easy as one, two, three
E2EG Ear to ear grin
EG Evil grin
EOD End of discussion
EOL End of lecture
EOM End of message
EOT End of transmission
EWG Evil wicked grin (in fun, teasing)
EZ Easy
F
F2F Face to face
FBM Fine by me
FC Fingers crossed
FICCL Frankly I couldn't care a less
FOMCL Falling off my chair laughing
FUBB Fouled up beyond belief
FWIW For what it's worth
FYEO For your eyes only
FYA For your amusement
FYI For your information
G
G Grin
G/F Girlfriend
G2CU Good to see you
G2G Got to go
G2R Got to run
GA Go ahead
GAL Get a life
GAS Got a second?
GB Goodbye
GFI Go for it
GF Girl friend
GG Gotta Go
GGP Got to go pee
GL Good luck
GN Good night
GNSD Good night, sweet dreams
GOI Get over it
GOL Giggling out loud
GR8 Great
GRATZ Congratulations
GTG Got to go
H
H8 Hate
H&K Hugs & kisses
HAND Have a nice day
HB Hurry back
HOAS Hold on a second
HRU How are you?
HTH Hope this helps
HUB Head up butt
HW Homework
I
I2 I too (me too)
IAC In any case
IC I see
ICAM I couldn't agree more
ICBW It could be worse
IDK I don't know
IDTS I don't think so
ILU I love you
ILY I love you
IMHO In my humble opinion
IMO In my opinion
IMS I am sorry
IOW In other words
IRL In real life
IYO In your opinion
IYSS If you say so
J
JAM Just a minute
JFF Just for fun
JIC Just in case
JK Just kidding
JLMK Just let me know
JMO Just my opinion
JTLYK Just to let you know
JW Just wondering
K
K Okay
KK Knock, knock
KK Okay, Okay!
KB Keyboard
KEYA I will key you later
KEYME Key me when you get in
KFY Kiss for you
KOTC Kiss on the cheek
KOTL Kiss on the lips
KNIM Know what I mean?
KPC Keeping parents clueless
KS Kill then steal (online gaming)
L
L2G Like to go?
L2K Like to come
l33t Elite
L8R Later
L8RG8R Later, gator
LIC Like I care
LMIRL Lets meet in real life
LMK Let me know
LOL Laughing out loud
LOLO Lots of love
LQTM Laughing quietly to myself
LTD Living the dream
LTNS Long time no see
LY Love you
LYSM Love you so much
M
M8 Mate
MC Merry Christmas
MEGO My eyes glaze over
MEH Shrug
MEHH Sigh
MTF More to follow
MUAH Multiple unsuccessful attempts (at/to) humour
MUSM Miss you so much
MYOB Mind your own business
N
n00b Newbie
N1 Nice one
N2M Nothing too much
NALOPKT Not a lot of people know that
NANA Not now, no need
NBD No big deal
NE Any
NE1 Anyone
NFM None for me / Not for me
NIGI Now I get it
NM Never mind
NO1 No one
NOYB None of your business
NP No problem
O
OATUS On a totally unrelated subject
OIC Oh, I see
OJ Only joking
OM Oh, my
OMDB Over my dead body
OMW On my way
OOC Out of character
OOH Out of here
OOTD One of these days
OOTO Out of the office
OP On phone
ORLY Oh really?
OTB Off to bed
OTFL On the floor laughing
OTL Out to lunch
OTOH On the other hand
OTP On the phone
OTT Over the top
OYO On your own
P
PAW Parents are watching
PCM Please call me
PDH Pretty darn happy
PDQ Pretty darn quick
PEEPS People
PL8 Plate
PLMK Please let me know
PLS Please
PLU People like us
PLZ Please
PM Private Message
PMFI Pardon me for interrupting
POV Point of view
PPL People
PSP Playstation Portable
PTMM Please tell me more
PXT Please explain that
PU That stinks!
PUKS Pick up kids
Q
Q Queue
QIK Quick
QL Quit laughing
QQ (qq) Crying eyes
QQ Quick question
QT Cutie
QTPI Cutie pie
R
RL Real life
RLY Really
RME Rolling my eyes
RMLB Read my lips baby
ROFL Rolling on floor laughing
ROFLCOPTER Rolling on floor laughing and spinning around
ROTFL Rolling on the floor laughing
ROTFLUTS Rolling on the floor laughing unable to speak
RSN Real soon now
RTBS Reason to be single
RTMS Read the manual, stupid
RTSM Read the stupid manual
RU Are you?
RUMOF Are you male or female?
RUT Are you there?
RUOK Are you okay?
RYS Read your screen
RYS Are you single?
S
S2S Sorry to say
SAL Such a laugh
SBT Sorry 'bout that
SC Stay cool
SDMB Sweet dreams, my baby
SETE Smiling ear-to-ear
SFAIK So far as I know
SH Same here
SH^ Shut up
SHID Slapping head in disgust
SIG2R Sorry, I got to run
SIMYC Sorry I missed your call
SIS Snickering in silence
SIT Stay in touch
SK8NG Skating
SK8R Skater
SLAP Sounds like a plan
SMHID Scratching my head in disbelief
SO Significant other
SOL Sooner or later
SOMY Sick of me yet?
SOS Help
SOT Short of time
SOTMG Short of time, must go
SPST Same place, same time
SPTO Spoke to
SRY Sorry
SS So sorry
SSDD Same stuff, different day
SSIF So stupid it's funny
SSINF So stupid it's not funny
ST& D Stop texting and drive
STR8 Straight
STW Search the Web
SUITM See you in the morning
SUL See you later
SUX It sucks
SWAK Sent (or sealed) with a kiss
SWALK Sent (or sealed) with a loving kiss
SWL Screaming with laughter
SWMBO She who must be obeyed
SYL See you later
SYS See you soon
T
T Think positive
T4BU Thanks for being you
T : ) T Think happy thoughts
TA Thanks a lot
TAFN That's all for now
TANK Very strong
TAM Tomorrow a.m.
TAU Thinking about you
TAUMUALU Thinking about you miss you always love you
TBC To be continued
TBD To be determined
TBH To be honest
TBL Text back later
TC Take care
TCOY Take care of yourself
TFS Thanks for sharing
THX Thanks
THT Think happy thoughts
TIAD Tomorrow is another day
TIC Tongue-in-cheek
TLK2UL8R Talk to you later
TL Too long
TMB Text me back
TMI Too much information
TMOT Trust me on this
TMTH Too much to handle
TMWFI Take my word for it
TOJ Tears of joy
TOU Thinking of you
TOY Thinking of you
TPM Tomorrow p.m.
TSNF That's so not fair
TTFN Ta ta for now
TTTT These things take time
TU Thank you
TTYL Talk to you later
TTYS Talk to you soon
TY Thank you
TYVM Thank you very much
U
UDM You da man
UFN Until further notice
UGTBK You've got to be kidding
UNPC Not politically correct
UR Your / You're
URA* You are a star
URH You are hot (U R Hot)
USU Usually
UW You're welcome
V
VBS Very big smile
VEG Very evil grin
VM Voice mail
VN Very nice
VSF Very sad face
W
W@ What?
W/ With
W3 WWW (Web address)
W8 Wait
WAH Working at home
WAJ What a jerk
WAM Wait a minute
WAYF Where are you from?
WB Welcome back
WBU What about you?
WCA Who cares anyway
WE Whatever
WEP Weapon
WH5 Who, what, when, where, why
WIBNI Wouldn't it be nice if
WDYT What do you think?
WIIFM What's in it for me?
WITW What in the world
WRT With regard to
W/O Without
WOMBAT Waste of money, brains and time
WTB Wanted to buy
WTG Way to go
WU What's up?
WUCIWUG What you see is what you get
WUF Where are you from?
WUP What's up?
WYD What (are) you doing?
WYGAM When you get a minute
WYHAM When you have a minute
WYLEI When you least expect it
X
X Kiss
X! Typical woman
XME Excuse Me
XLNT Excellent
Y
Y? Why?
Y2K You're too kind
YARLY Ya, really?
YBS You'll be sorry
YCLIU You can look it up
YCMU You crack me up
YF Wife
YGTBKM You've got to be kidding me
YGG You go girl
YIU Yes, I understand
YKWYCD You know what you can do
YNK You never know
YR Yeah right
YSYD Yeah sure you do
YT You there?
YW You're welcome
YYSSW Yeah, yeah, sure, sure, whatever
Z
Z Zs are calling (going to bed/sleep)
Z% Zoo
ZH Sleeping hour
ZOT Zero tolerance
ZUP What's up?
ZZZ Sleeping (or bored)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!