Enjoy Family Skating Times Courtesy Of Tim Hortons! Thank You Timmies!!!
Thursday, December 29, 2011
Monday, December 05, 2011
As Posted Direct from GeekyGadgets.com – Check Them Out!
Knobroom MIDI Controller Add-on Created For Adobe Lightroom 3 (video)
A free add-on for Adobe Lightroom called Knobroom is available that will allow you to control the creative adjustments of photos using physical sliders and knobs from a Midi controller with Adobe’s Lightroom 3 software.
The software add-on has been around for sometime but is a great way to add a new style of creativity to your photography and image creation. Watch the video after the jump to see it in action.
Unlike other software Knobroom is available for Mac OS X systems and has been created to provide a direct manipulation add-on for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3.
I remember as a kid my Father investing in his children by getting the set of World Book Encyclopaedia's. They sat on the top shelf in the as we came in the door of the farm house. As kids it was a fun climb up onto the cupboard, in order to stand up and pick out the correct book marked with the letter of the alphabet on the spine. Our set was an off white with royal blue and gold decal on them….In time I’m sure sets like these will appear only in a museum – chances are they already do.
Today we have Wikipedia – information at our fingertips on everything and anything. No longer do we have the door to door salesmen coming about selling large sets of books at a good financial investment. There is some information I did not know until just this morning about Wikipedia though, and I thought I would share it with you – and perhaps, you could share with them as well.
- Wikipedia is non-profit, but it's the #5 website in the world -- serving 470 million people every month with billions of page views.
- We work hard to keep our operation lean. Google might have close to a million servers. Yahoo has something like 13,000 staff. We have 679 servers and 95 staff.
- We will never run ads. Commerce is fine. Advertising is not evil. But it doesn't belong in Wikipedia.
- If everyone reading this made a small donation, we would only have to fundraise for a few hours. Not everyone can or will donate, but each year just enough people decide to give.
- We only raise what we need. When we've raised our budget, we stop fundraising for the year.
Please Consider Donating to Wikipedia – I know I’ve used the site numerous times, and I’m sure will be again -
This year, please consider making a donation of $5, $20, $50 or whatever you can to protect and sustain Wikipedia.